The building under construction on the far-left of the picture is probably the Public Library (opened 1965); Watson Brothers (opened 1908); the Meteor Picture Theatre (opened in 1937); Millar and Giorgi (built 1902, burnt down in 1910 and the present concrete building was constructed); the Maple Corner. In Church Street: P.D.C. (opened in 1915 as the Premiere Drapery Company). A new building was built in 1930 with the revolutionary "magic doors" - an idea brought to New Zealand from Scandinavia. The Plaza now stands in its place.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- The Square looking from Main Street East to Church Street
- Held In