This postcard shows the corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and The Square, looking towards Church Street East. In the foreground is the Occidental Hotel. It was originally built in 1881 and burnt down in 1891. After being rebuilt, it was again destroyed by fire in May 1927. The Public Library was situated on the site from 1927-1965.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and Church Street East
- Held In