Skip to Content

The Manawatu Golf Club was founded in 1895 on land leased from the Manawatu Athletic Park Co. In 1907 this and other land was bought by the Club and a full 18 hole course established. The club house was extensively damaged in the 1936 storm that hit the area, which resulted in improvements to the buildings as seen in the photograph.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007P_P3_RES_0133
Title
Manawatu Golf Club
Held In
Coolstore
Date
circa 1939

Related items

Palmerston North Golf Club
Aerial photograph of Memorial Park, Terrace End
Papaioea Park
Totara Reserve, Pohangina
Children's Paddling pool - Victoria Esplanade
Memorial Park entrance, Main Street
Plan of fence and gates at Papaioea Park
Plan of pavilion at Papaioea Park
Plan of pavilion at Hokowhitu Domain
Suggested layout of Hokowhitu Domain
Plans of proposed Grandstand for Fitzherbert Park
Milverton Park

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
leisure,
photographs,
recreation,
reserves,
sport,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Palmerston North Golf Club
Aerial photograph of Memorial Park, Terrace End
Papaioea Park
Totara Reserve, Pohangina
Children's Paddling pool - Victoria Esplanade
Memorial Park entrance, Main Street
Plan of fence and gates at Papaioea Park
Plan of pavilion at Papaioea Park
Plan of pavilion at Hokowhitu Domain
Suggested layout of Hokowhitu Domain
Plans of proposed Grandstand for Fitzherbert Park
Milverton Park