Skip to Content

More Info →Palmerston North Golf Club

The Palmerston North Golf Club was formed in 1930 and was off the corner of Botanical and Park Roads. During World War Two the course was commandeered by the Army and the Club went into recess. The grounds were restored after the War and the Club remained on this site until the early 1960s when City Council acquired the land for housing. The Club relocated to off Brightwater Terrace.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007N_P2_RES_0132
Title
Palmerston North Golf Club
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Palmerston North Golf Club
Aerial photograph of Memorial Park, Terrace End
Manawatu Golf Club
Papaoeia Park
Children's Paddling pool - Victoria Esplanade
Totara Reserve, Pohangina
Memorial Park entrance, Main Street
Plan of fence and gates at Papaeoia Park
Plan of pavilion at Hokowhitu Domain
Suggested layout of Hokowhitu Domain
Plans of proposed Grandstand for Fitzherbert Park
Plan of pavilion at Papaeoia Park

Creation

Created By
Place
Corner of Botanical and Park Road, Palmerston North
Date
1930 to 1960

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Palmerston North Golf Club
Aerial photograph of Memorial Park, Terrace End
Manawatu Golf Club
Papaoeia Park
Children's Paddling pool - Victoria Esplanade
Totara Reserve, Pohangina
Memorial Park entrance, Main Street
Plan of fence and gates at Papaeoia Park
Plan of pavilion at Hokowhitu Domain
Suggested layout of Hokowhitu Domain
Plans of proposed Grandstand for Fitzherbert Park
Plan of pavilion at Papaeoia Park

User comments