The Municipal Library on the corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and the Square, was purpose built in 1929, with shops on the street frontage and the library on the first floor. It remained there until 1965, when a new library was built on the corner of Main Street and The Square. The PDC department store is on the far left and was built in 1930. Compare this photograph to 2014N_Sq69_008585, which was taken in the same place in about 1887.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Palmerston North Municipal Library
- Held In