Skip to Content

More Info →PDC department store, The Square

These premises of the Premier Drapery Company were built 1929-1930. The store was one of the foremost department stores in Palmerston North. In 1986 the PDC became part of the PDC Plaza. This was sold in 1988, and the PDC building demolished 1990.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_Bc93a_BUI_1803
Title
PDC department store, The Square
Relation
Public Photograph Collection
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

PDC department store, The Square
PDC department store, The Square
Premier Department Company display window
The Square - Corners of Church Street East and Main Street East
Oral Interview - Norma Angus, part 1
Oral Interview - Norma Angus, part 2
Oral Interview - Norma Angus, part 3
Oral Interview - Past Employees of the PDC Department Store, part 2
Oral Interview - Colin Dyer, part 2
Oral interview - Colin Dyer, part 1
Oral Interview - Past Employees of the PDC Department Store, part 1
Oral Interview - Past Employees of the PDC Department Store, part 3

Creation

Created By
Place
84 The Square, Palmerston North
Date
1950

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

PDC department store, The Square
PDC department store, The Square
Premier Department Company display window
The Square - Corners of Church Street East and Main Street East
Oral Interview - Norma Angus, part 1
Oral Interview - Norma Angus, part 2
Oral Interview - Norma Angus, part 3
Oral Interview - Past Employees of the PDC Department Store, part 2
Oral Interview - Colin Dyer, part 2
Oral interview - Colin Dyer, part 1
Oral Interview - Past Employees of the PDC Department Store, part 1
Oral Interview - Past Employees of the PDC Department Store, part 3

User comments