This building appears to have served as Tuckers' wine merchant business until the 1940s. The two shops on the street fronage are the Sweet Nook Confectionery and P Hosking, Watchmaker, and directories would suggest they operated next to each other for a short time around 1950. At that time Devonshire House was a boarding house run by Mrs Clark. The Police Station, built 1939, can be seen to the right.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Devonshire House, Church Street
- Held In