Skip to Content

More Info →Early Palmerston North bus

A Municipal bus service began in Palmerston North in September 1921. The first fleet consisted of four 27 seater Commer buses, which were constructed on a truck chassis. The staff consisted of a Manager, inspector and nine drivers. During that first year a total of 312, 965 passengers were carried and drivers were paid ₤4.25 per six day week.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010N_Bus6_3228
Title
Early Palmerston North bus
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bus 6
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Early Palmerston North bus
Rural and City Buses, The Square
Public bus on the Fitzherbert Bridge
Stephens Bros, Merchants & Commission Agents, Awahuri
Weld Motors' bus being hauled from Rangitikei River
Bus Depot, Church Street
First Palmerston North bus fleet
City Council buses, The Square
Palmerston North bus fleet and staff
Truck-load of milk cans at Rongotea Butter Factory
Couple on Motorcycle with Sidecar
Group of men on their motor bikes

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1921

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Early Palmerston North bus
Rural and City Buses, The Square
Public bus on the Fitzherbert Bridge
Stephens Bros, Merchants & Commission Agents, Awahuri
Weld Motors' bus being hauled from Rangitikei River
Bus Depot, Church Street
First Palmerston North bus fleet
City Council buses, The Square
Palmerston North bus fleet and staff
Truck-load of milk cans at Rongotea Butter Factory
Couple on Motorcycle with Sidecar
Group of men on their motor bikes

User comments