Skip to Content

More Info →Libertyland Staff

The Libertyland factory in Grey Street was opened in 1934 by Mr F.F. Young, NZ representative of R & W H Symington & Co Ltd., Wellington. Originally an English company with an ahead office in Market Harborough, it was first established in 1856. Mr Young traveled to England to negotiate arrangements and bought back six expert girls to train staff in the art of manufacturing corsets and underwear.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2011P_OSP-Pg131_006153
Title
Libertyland Staff
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Pg 131
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Libertyland Staff
Train in the Square
Drying paddocks at Miranui Flaxmill, near Shannon
A & L Seifert Flaxdressing Company Ltd locomotive, near Shannon
Stripping machine at Miranui Flaxmill, near Shannon
Workers at a flaxmill, Manawatu
Grace Morton and Stanley Roche, Palmerston North
Scandinavian Club girls at fundraising 'Scandinavian Coffee Stall'
Group of Nurses
Attendees of Lady Liverpool Fund Conference
Waitresses for dinner to celebrate the restoration of North Slesvig to Denmark
Longburn Freezing Works - Executive Staff

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
circa 1948

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Libertyland Staff
Train in the Square
Drying paddocks at Miranui Flaxmill, near Shannon
A & L Seifert Flaxdressing Company Ltd locomotive, near Shannon
Stripping machine at Miranui Flaxmill, near Shannon
Workers at a flaxmill, Manawatu
Grace Morton and Stanley Roche, Palmerston North
Scandinavian Club girls at fundraising 'Scandinavian Coffee Stall'
Group of Nurses
Attendees of Lady Liverpool Fund Conference
Waitresses for dinner to celebrate the restoration of North Slesvig to Denmark
Longburn Freezing Works - Executive Staff

User comments