A 'Commercial Hotel' has operated on this site from 1881-1986. In 1902 this hotel replaced the original 'Commercial' which was burnt down in 1900. In 1903 it was leased to the Childs family. Shops and businesses also operated out of the Ground Floor, onto the street. In 1935 this building was demolished to make way for a more 'modern', third Commercial Hotel which was in turn demolished in 1986.