The Willard Childrens' Home, originally in Fitzherbert Street (now Avenue), was run by the Women's Christian Temperance Union (WCTU) from 1920. In 1928 a residence in Russell Street was renovated and extended to become a new home, accommodating up to 25 children. Due to a lack of demand the home was passed to the Presbyterian Social Services Association in 1961, and was converted for use as a home for the Elderly.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Willard Childrens' Home and Orphanage, 17 Russell Street
- Held In