Looking across the fountain playing in the Lakelet in The Square at night to the Manawatu Evening Standard building. The newspaper began publishing in Palmerston North in 1880. These premises were constructed in 1937. The building was demolished to make way for a new building in 1974. To the left is the Pram House, which sold bicycles, prams, seagrass furniture and pushchairs. To the right is Taylor and Montague, Land & Estate agents and Bob's Music Shop.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Manawatu Evening Standard building, The Square
- Held In