The Centennial Convention Centre, the third and final stage of the Civic Centre, was officially opened on Sunday September 28, 1980. The centre was designed to hold conferences, exhibitions and social events. The ground floor has the exhibition hall, foyer, social gallery and kitchen facilities. On the first floor is the convention hall, gallery, bar, and food preparation areas. Both areas can double as conference areas and operate independently at the same time, catering for up to 1000 people. This view shows the centre from the Piazza, between the Civic Administration building and the Convention Centre. the entrance to the Convention Centre has now been renovated. the corner of George Street can be seen in the foreground, opposite the Convention Centre.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- The Centennial Convention Centre, Main Street
- Held In