All Saints Church looks newly built in this postcard, dating it to around 1915. The back of the postcard reads, "Jewell". A woman with two children are shown standing next to the cannon that stood in the Square. Two surplus cannons were purchased by the Council from the Defence Department and placed in The Square in 1909. They were removed in 1939. Behind can be seen, from left: The Borough Council offices, constructed as the Colonial Bank in c 1892 and used as a Public Library 1900-1905 and before conversion into the administration building of the Palmerston North Borough Council; All Saints Church, built 1914; Grand Hotel, built 1906.