Skip to Content

More Info →Public Trust office, 470 Main Street

The Public Trust Office was established in Palmerston North in 1872. This purpose built building was opened in December 1921, after the original agency was replaced by a permanent branch office in 1919. In 1929 an extension was added to the building and a second storey in 1937-1938. The building was demolished in 1978 to make way for a new Public Trust office.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_Bg4_BUI_1817
Title
Public Trust office, 470 Main Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Public Trust office, 470 Main Street
Immigration Depot, Main Street East
Public Trust Office, 470 Main Street
Palmerston North Probation Office, 450 Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Public Works Department, Cook Street
Electricity Department workshops, Main Street
Public Trust Office,
Construction of the Manawatu Youth Centre, Linton
Demolition of Public Trust Office, 470 Main Street
Public Trust Office interior, Main Street
Public Trust Office, Main Street

Creation

Created By
Date
1939

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Public Trust office, 470 Main Street
Immigration Depot, Main Street East
Public Trust Office, 470 Main Street
Palmerston North Probation Office, 450 Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Public Works Department, Cook Street
Electricity Department workshops, Main Street
Public Trust Office,
Construction of the Manawatu Youth Centre, Linton
Demolition of Public Trust Office, 470 Main Street
Public Trust Office interior, Main Street
Public Trust Office, Main Street

User comments