Skip to Content

More Info →Court House, Main Street

This was the fourth Palmerston North Court House. The first Court House was constructed in 1874, and replaced in 1881. In 1895 a third Court House was built and the second one moved to Church Street for use as the Police Station. The third building was short lived as it burnt down in 1897. This (fourth)Court House remained in use, with additions and alterations, until it was demolished and replaced by a new one, completed in 1988.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_Bg8_BUI_1819
Title
Court House, Main Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bg 8
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Court House, Main Street
Immigration Depot, Main Street East
Palmerston North Probation Office, 450 Main Street
Public Works Department, Cook Street
Public Trust office, 470 Main Street
Electricity Department workshops, Main Street
Public Trust Office,
Construction of the Manawatu Youth Centre, Linton
Public Trust Office interior, Main Street
Public Trust Office, Main Street
Police Station, Church Street, Palmerston North
Police Station, Church Street, Palmerston North

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1950

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North Libraries and Community Services

Taxonomy

Community Tags
palmerston north courthouse,

Report a problem

Related items

Court House, Main Street
Immigration Depot, Main Street East
Palmerston North Probation Office, 450 Main Street
Public Works Department, Cook Street
Public Trust office, 470 Main Street
Electricity Department workshops, Main Street
Public Trust Office,
Construction of the Manawatu Youth Centre, Linton
Public Trust Office interior, Main Street
Public Trust Office, Main Street
Police Station, Church Street, Palmerston North
Police Station, Church Street, Palmerston North

User comments