Skip to Content

More Info →Terrace End School Class Photograph

The original Terrace End School was situated in Main Street but its exact locality and original use are not known. Mrs Harvey was the first teacher. In June 1884, the School was moved to Deard's Hall in Main Street and Mr A Matheson was headmaster. He was followed by D.H. Guthrie, C.H. von Blaremberg and T F Fairbrother (by 1893). The School was moved again in September 1885 and again in 1927. Several new buildings were constructed between 1930-1960. The public print has the following information: Identified are - Mr Fairbrother (left), Mrs Finn (right) and Eda Koehler (far right, back row)

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014N_Sc51_007921
Title
Terrace End School Class Photograph
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sc 51
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Terrace End School Class Photograph
College Street School Pupils - Boys
Unidentified Groups of Children
Tokorangi School with Clara Hanron and pupils
West End School Opening
T.F. Fairbrother, headmaster of Terrace End School (1893-1922)
A O Buchler, First Headmaster of West End School
Bunnythorpe School and Pupils
Pupils of Rangiwahia School
Taonui School (now Newbury School) Class Photo
Mangarimu Public School
Rongotea School

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
circa 1900

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Terrace End School Class Photograph
College Street School Pupils - Boys
Unidentified Groups of Children
Tokorangi School with Clara Hanron and pupils
West End School Opening
T.F. Fairbrother, headmaster of Terrace End School (1893-1922)
A O Buchler, First Headmaster of West End School
Bunnythorpe School and Pupils
Pupils of Rangiwahia School
Taonui School (now Newbury School) Class Photo
Mangarimu Public School
Rongotea School

User comments