Skip to Content

More Info →Rangiwahia School

The Rangiwahia School was opened in 1895 with an attendance of 37 and seat accommodation for 40. The first school teacher was H Coventry, later the school was enlarged to teach 60 pupils, but dwindled again in the 1950s. The school grounds had 4 acres with the Kiwitea Stream flowing through it.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014P_Sc93_007718
Title
Rangiwahia School
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sc 93
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Rangiwahia School
Bunnythorpe School and Pupils
Campbell Street School Pupils - Boys
Pupils of Rangiwahia School
Mangarimu Public School
Pupils of Standard Six, Campbell Street School, Palmerston North
Taonui School (now Newbury School) Class Photo
Campbell Street School Pupils - Girls
Rangiotu School pupils
Newbury School pupils
Newbury School pupils
Sketch of Bunnythorpe School

Creation

Created By
Place
Rangiwahia
Date
circa 1910

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Rangiwahia School
Bunnythorpe School and Pupils
Campbell Street School Pupils - Boys
Pupils of Rangiwahia School
Mangarimu Public School
Pupils of Standard Six, Campbell Street School, Palmerston North
Taonui School (now Newbury School) Class Photo
Campbell Street School Pupils - Girls
Rangiotu School pupils
Newbury School pupils
Newbury School pupils
Sketch of Bunnythorpe School

User comments