This building was designed by Oscar Albert Jorgensen. The first stage of this building was designed in August 1923, and built soon afterwards by Messrs Hudson & Williamson for £1,922. However, it was then a single storey 3-shop block. In 1924, Jorgensen designed a room to be built behind one shop, and then in 1929 he designed the building’s first floor, which became three 2-bedroom flats. A fourth shop was also added fronting Cuba Street - its builders being Messrs Anderson & Williamson. Shop No. 2 was a dairy for many years, and a staircase inside it led up to the flat overlooking Bourke Street. The other flats used a different entrance.