After the success of the first Masonic Lodge under the English Constitution (the Manawatu United Masonic Lodge, established in 1877), the Manawatu Kilwinning Lodge No. 47 was formed in 1883 under the Scottish Constitution. In 1908 the Manawatu Kilwinning Lodge built its own premises in Church Street. This foundation stone shows the members of the Lodge at that time, including City Councillor and 1909 Mayor James Nash. The building was designed by architect and ex-City Councillor Ludolph Georg West, who was also a member of the Lodge. Lodge member and City Councillor Arthur Bennett's timber company built the building.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Foundation Stone of Manawatu Kilwinning Lodge, Church Street
- Held In
- IMCA Digital Archive