Skip to Content

More Info →Kelvin Grove Crematorium

Kelvin Grove Cemetery and Crematorium is situated on 36 hectares of park-like surroundings on James Line just outside of Palmerston North. The cemetery was opened in 1927 to replace the older Terrace End Cemetery and the Crematorium and Chapel were added in 1957.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014N_Bm54_009564
Title
Kelvin Grove Crematorium
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bm 54
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Kelvin Grove Crematorium
Air Force Funeral Procession Outside All Saints Church
Karori Crematorium
Karori Crematorium
Funeral Train of Michael Joseph Savage
"Funeral of Catholic Priest."
Funeral of Kerei Te Panau
Funeral of Kerei Te Panau
Funeral of Kerei Te Panau
Council Chamber, The Square
Palmerston North Public Library and All Saints Church, Church Street
Councillor’s Room in Palmerston North Civic Centre

Creation

Created By
Place
James Line, Kelvin Grove, Palmerston North
Date
1950s

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags
crematorium,
curtain,
james line,
kelvin grove cemetery,

Report a problem

Related items

Kelvin Grove Crematorium
Air Force Funeral Procession Outside All Saints Church
Karori Crematorium
Karori Crematorium
Funeral Train of Michael Joseph Savage
"Funeral of Catholic Priest."
Funeral of Kerei Te Panau
Funeral of Kerei Te Panau
Funeral of Kerei Te Panau
Council Chamber, The Square
Palmerston North Public Library and All Saints Church, Church Street
Councillor’s Room in Palmerston North Civic Centre

User comments