Skip to Content

More Info →Abattoir, Maxwell's Line

The Palmerston North abattoir was opened in Awapuni in December 1906. It was operated by the Manawatu Meat Company until February 1917, when it was purchased by the Palmerston North Borough Council. The Council operated the abattoir until 1969, when it was demolished.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009P_Bm53_BUI_2712
Title
Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bm 53
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Council Chamber, The Square
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Construction of the Civic Administration Building, the Square
Stairway up to the Council Chamber, The Square
Centennial Convention Centre, Main Street
Checking carcasses at the Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Boiler House of the Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abbattoir, Maxwells Line

Creation

Created By
Place
Maxwells Line, Palmerston North
Date
1950

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Council Chamber, The Square
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Construction of the Civic Administration Building, the Square
Stairway up to the Council Chamber, The Square
Centennial Convention Centre, Main Street
Checking carcasses at the Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Boiler House of the Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abbattoir, Maxwells Line

User comments