Skip to Content

From left can be seen the fourth Palmerston North Court House, built 1897, which served, with additions and alterations, until 1988. Behind can be seen the Opera House, built 1904-1905, in Church Street. It was demolished in 1996. To the right, the Municipal Council Office building, constructed in 1887, served as the Public Library 1905-1929 when it outgrew its use.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_L53_BUI_1742
Title
Court House, Municipal Opera House and Municipal Council Offices
Held In
Coolstore
Relation
Public Photograph Collection L53
Date
1905 to 1929

Related items

Court House, Main Street east
The Importance of Ordinary Things – Talk
Construction of the Manawatu Sports Arena, Pascal Street
L G West Land Agency Building
106 Te Awe Awe Street
Unidentified House next to a Railway Line
259 Albert Street
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Model of Manawatu Sports Pavilion
Palmerston North Art Gallery, corner of Carroll and Grey Streets
Palmerston North Art Gallery, corner of Carroll and Grey Streets
Court House, Main Street

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
architecture,
buildings,
palmerston north,
photographs,
railway track,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Court House, Main Street east
The Importance of Ordinary Things – Talk
Construction of the Manawatu Sports Arena, Pascal Street
L G West Land Agency Building
106 Te Awe Awe Street
Unidentified House next to a Railway Line
259 Albert Street
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Model of Manawatu Sports Pavilion
Palmerston North Art Gallery, corner of Carroll and Grey Streets
Palmerston North Art Gallery, corner of Carroll and Grey Streets
Court House, Main Street