Skip to Content

More Info →Court House, Main Street east

This was the fourth Palmerston North Court House. The first Court House was constructed in 1874, and replaced in 1881. In 1895 a third Court House was built and the second one moved to Church Street for use as the Police Station. The third building was short lived as it burnt down in 1897. This (fourth)Court House remained in use, with additions and alterations, until it was demolished and replaced by a new one, completed in 1988.Behind can be seen the Opera House, built 1904-1905, in Church Street

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007N_Bg7_BUI_0196
Title
Court House, Main Street east
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bg 7
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Court House, Main Street east
Court House, Main Street east
Courthouse, Main Street east
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Construction of the Manawatu Sports Arena, Pascal Street
Court House, Municipal Opera House and Municipal Council Offices
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Model of Manawatu Sports Pavilion
56 Brightwater Terrace
217 Grey Street

Creation

Created By
Place
Main Street, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1910

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Court House, Main Street east
Court House, Main Street east
Courthouse, Main Street east
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Construction of the Manawatu Sports Arena, Pascal Street
Court House, Municipal Opera House and Municipal Council Offices
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Model of Manawatu Sports Pavilion
56 Brightwater Terrace
217 Grey Street

User comments