Skip to Content

More Info →Main Street houses

The older house is at 748 Main Street. It was built around 1887 and distinguishing features were the twin gables of the front. T R Moore was an early owner, followed by the Coutts family. The house is mostly built of totara and the flooring is tongue and groove in heart totara. The house, near the Ruahine Street corner, no longer exists at this address (2010).

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010N_Bur292_3215
Title
Main Street houses
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bur 292
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Main Street houses
Ferguson Street housing project
349 College Street
Unidentified houses
New housing estate
'Rangimaire', 3 Rangiora Avenue
Nash Buildings, George Street
Davis Homestead
Edendale flats, 334 Rangitikei Street
Lutheran Homes, Matipo Street
Bushfeller's camp, Komako, Pohangina Valley
"Removal of Two Houses"

Creation

Created By
Place
748 Main Street, Palmerston North
Date
1968

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Main Street houses
Ferguson Street housing project
349 College Street
Unidentified houses
New housing estate
'Rangimaire', 3 Rangiora Avenue
Nash Buildings, George Street
Davis Homestead
Edendale flats, 334 Rangitikei Street
Lutheran Homes, Matipo Street
Bushfeller's camp, Komako, Pohangina Valley
"Removal of Two Houses"

User comments