W F Durwood and Co.'s 1907 business, on the Church Street side of The Square, Palmerston North, was reorganised as the Premier Drapery Company in 1915. This building was constructed 1929-1930. In 1956 the PDC was taken over by the Manawatu Co-Operative Society and renamed the Premier Department Store. In 1988 the Company went into receivership and this building was demolished in 1990. It is now the site of the Plaza shopping mall.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Premier Drapery Company Ltd (PDC), The Square
- Held In