In 1927 a previous business on this site became the Premier Drapery Co Ltd and in 1929 the building was renovated and extended. In 1956 the PDC was taken over the Manawatu Co-Op Society and renamed the Premier Department Store. Over the years neighbouring properties were bought and the shop extended. In 1986 the PDC became part of the PDC Plaza. This was sold in 1988, and the PDC building demolished 1990.