Skip to Content

More Info →St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street

The Presbyterian Church was established in Palmerston North in 1872. The first church was built on this site in 1878, to be replaced by this building, of timber Gothic structure, in 1893. This building was in turn replaced by the present building completed in 1957. On the left across Ashley Street can be seen the wall of the Opera House and the brick, Municpal baths building.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010N_C115_3267
Title
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection C 115
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
St Andrews Church, Church Street
St Andrews Church
All Saints Church, Church Street
Milson Airport, Palmerston North
Fitzherbert Bridge
St. Andrews Church and Opera House Service Station, Church Street
Palmerston North Technical High School
Salvation Army Group

Creation

Created By
Place
388 Church Street, Palmerston North
Date
1950s

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
St Andrews Church, Church Street
St Andrews Church
All Saints Church, Church Street
Milson Airport, Palmerston North
Fitzherbert Bridge
St. Andrews Church and Opera House Service Station, Church Street
Palmerston North Technical High School
Salvation Army Group

User comments