This image is from a series of souvenir cards that show various locations around Palmerston North. This card shows a foutain in The Square, designed and constructed by the Beautifying Society in 1906. The fountain was made of concrete and the central rockery of concrete and stone. In 1926, the Kind Edward Coronation Monument was removed from the centre of The Square and was re-sited in the middle of the fountain. Today the fountain sits in the corner of The Square near Broadway Avenue.