Edward Whitehead, a Feilding farmer, established the 'Bible and Tract Depot' in Main Street, Palmerston North in 1900, so he could expand his business of printing Christian and leaflets and handbills. The windmill to the left drove the large press used for printing. The business was sold in 1949 to James G Harvey who continued it as the Gospel Publishing House, until new premises were built in King Street in 1961.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- E Whitehead, Printer, 484 Main Street
- Held In