Skip to Content

Glaxo Laboratories closed their Bunnythorpe factory in May 1974. Glaxo began their dried milk operations in Bunnythorpe in 1904, as Joseph Nathan Co. Ltd. 'Glaxo' became the brand name for their baby milk product and Glaxo Laboratories was formed in 1937. In 1951 a new plant for the manufacture of pharmaceutical products was built in Botanical Road, Palmerston North and, after closure of the Bunnythorpe factory, all production was centred there until it too closed in 1996.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010N_D82_3332
Title
Glaxo Laboratories, Bunnythorpe
Held In
Coolstore
Relation
Public Photograph Collection D 82
Date
September 17, 1973

Related items

Chimney construction, Foxton
Turner's  Garage Ltd, Queen Street
Breeders' Club, Palmerston North Showgrounds
Palmerston North Hospital wards, Ruahine Street
Nurses outside Nurses' Home, Palmerston North Hospital
House, Linton Street
Manawatu-Oroua Electric Power Board building, Feilding
Court House, corner of Kimbolton Rd and Stafford St, Feilding
Rangitikei Hotel, Bulls
Lutheran Church, Mauriceville West
Mr and Mrs Peter Hansen and family outside their home
Delaware Flat, Pohangina Valley

Creation

Created By
Place
Campbell Road, Bunnythorpe, Manawatu

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
brick,
building,
photographs,
rural towns and life,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Chimney construction, Foxton
Turner's  Garage Ltd, Queen Street
Breeders' Club, Palmerston North Showgrounds
Palmerston North Hospital wards, Ruahine Street
Nurses outside Nurses' Home, Palmerston North Hospital
House, Linton Street
Manawatu-Oroua Electric Power Board building, Feilding
Court House, corner of Kimbolton Rd and Stafford St, Feilding
Rangitikei Hotel, Bulls
Lutheran Church, Mauriceville West
Mr and Mrs Peter Hansen and family outside their home
Delaware Flat, Pohangina Valley