The Te Peeti Te Awe Awe statue was constructed in the Square, Palmerston North, in 1907. Beyond can be seen the Clock Tower, constructed in 1957 to house the clock removed from the Post Office tower (demolished in 1942 due to earthquake risk). Palm trees were a feature of The Square for a number of years, being removed in the 1970s.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Te Peeti Statue and Clock Tower, The Square
- Held In