Skip to Content

More Info →Bunnythorpe

Bunnythorpe is a small community near Palmerston North. The Glaxo factory, seen left, was opened there in October 1904 and was operated by Joseph Nathan and Co. of Palmerston North. In 1920 the name was changed to the “Glaxo Manufacturing Company”. Then in 1937, it became “Glaxo Laboratories”. The name” Glaxo” was registered in 1914 as the trade name of the products of the company.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009P_Bu13_RTL_2741
Title
Bunnythorpe
Relation
Public Photograph Collection bu 13
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Bunnythorpe
Bunnythorpe
Bunnythorpe
Bunnythorpe from the Kairanga Road
Former Raumai Store
Bunnythorpe Bridge
Aerial photograph of Mangaweka
Bunnythorpe Hotel being demolished
View of Rongotea
Edenkillie Park, Rangitikei Line
Main Street, Levin
Monrad farm at Karere

Creation

Created By
Place
Bunnythorpe, Manawatu
Date
1959

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Bunnythorpe
Bunnythorpe
Bunnythorpe
Bunnythorpe from the Kairanga Road
Former Raumai Store
Bunnythorpe Bridge
Aerial photograph of Mangaweka
Bunnythorpe Hotel being demolished
View of Rongotea
Edenkillie Park, Rangitikei Line
Main Street, Levin
Monrad farm at Karere

User comments