Skip to Content

More Info →Courthouse, Main Street east

This was the third Palmerston North Court House. The first Court House was constructed in 1874, and replaced in 1881. In 1895 this Court House was built and the second one moved to Church Street for use as the Police Station. This building was short lived as it burnt down in 1897. The fourth Court House remained in use, with additions and alterations, until it was demolished and replaced by a new one, completed in 1988.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007N_Bg28_BUI_0198
Title
Courthouse, Main Street east
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bg 28
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Courthouse, Main Street east
Court House, Main Street east
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street east
Court House, Main Street
Manawatu Youth Institution gymnasium, Linton
Manawatu Youth Institution: Walled walkway
Manawatu Youth Institution courtyard, Linton
Magistrates Court, Main Street East
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street

Creation

Created By
Place
Main Street, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1895

Object rights

Credit Line
Unknown

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Courthouse, Main Street east
Court House, Main Street east
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street east
Court House, Main Street
Manawatu Youth Institution gymnasium, Linton
Manawatu Youth Institution: Walled walkway
Manawatu Youth Institution courtyard, Linton
Magistrates Court, Main Street East
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street

User comments