Skip to Content

More Info →Court House, Main Street

This was the fourth Palmerston North Court House. The first Court House was constructed in 1874, and replaced in 1881. In 1895 a third Court House was built and the second one moved to Church Street for use as the Police Station. The third building was short lived as it burnt down in 1897. This (fourth)Court House remained in use, with additions and alterations, until it was demolished and replaced by a new one, completed in 1988.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009P_Bg2_BUI_2748
Title
Court House, Main Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bg 2
Held In
Coolstore
License
no_known_restrictions

Related items

Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street east
Courthouse, Main Street east
Manawatu Youth Institution gymnasium, Linton
Manawatu Youth Institution: Walled walkway
Manawatu Youth Institution courtyard, Linton
Court House, Main Street east
Magistrates Court, Main Street East
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Model of Manawatu Sports Pavilion

Creation

Created By
Place
Main Street, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1910

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street east
Courthouse, Main Street east
Manawatu Youth Institution gymnasium, Linton
Manawatu Youth Institution: Walled walkway
Manawatu Youth Institution courtyard, Linton
Court House, Main Street east
Magistrates Court, Main Street East
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Model of Manawatu Sports Pavilion

User comments