Skip to Content

More Info →Court House, Main Street

This building appears to be of the first Court House in Palmerston North, which was constructed in 1873 and replaced by a larger structure in 1881. The building stood in Main Street east, on the site of the present Court House. The present Court House is the fifth to serve as the Court House on this site.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009N_Bg1_BUI_2693
Title
Court House, Main Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bg 1
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street east
Courthouse, Main Street east
Manawatu Youth Institution gymnasium, Linton
Manawatu Youth Institution: Walled walkway
Manawatu Youth Institution courtyard, Linton
Court House, Main Street east
Magistrates Court, Main Street East
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Model of Manawatu Sports Pavilion

Creation

Created By
Place
Main Street, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1877

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North Libraries and Community Services

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street east
Courthouse, Main Street east
Manawatu Youth Institution gymnasium, Linton
Manawatu Youth Institution: Walled walkway
Manawatu Youth Institution courtyard, Linton
Court House, Main Street east
Magistrates Court, Main Street East
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Model of Manawatu Sports Pavilion

User comments