Skip to Content

The Palmerston North Public Library as seen from near the corner of Rangitikei Street and The Square. The building was officially opened on 4 November, 1965 and served as the city's library until 1996.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2020P_PNCC-S47_032426
Title
Public Library
Format
B&W print
Held In
Coolstore
Relation
PNCC Series 47, Box 2
Archive
Palmerston North City Council
Date
1965

Related items

"Where The Mind of Man is Broadened" [Library]
Plans, CM Ross Building, 1928
PDC Building, The Square
Fourth Palmerston North Public Library, Corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and The Square
Centennial Book of Views around Palmerston North, 1870s-1970s
Corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and The Square
The Public Library in the 1950s
Plans, CM Ross Building, 1928
The Palmerston North City Library Building, The Square
Square Circular - August 2004
Square Circular - October 2004
Square Circular - December 2004

Creation

Created By
Place
The Square, Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
library,
the square,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

"Where The Mind of Man is Broadened" [Library]
Plans, CM Ross Building, 1928
PDC Building, The Square
Fourth Palmerston North Public Library, Corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and The Square
Centennial Book of Views around Palmerston North, 1870s-1970s
Corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and The Square
The Public Library in the 1950s
Plans, CM Ross Building, 1928
The Palmerston North City Library Building, The Square
Square Circular - August 2004
Square Circular - October 2004
Square Circular - December 2004