Skip to Content

Palmerston North Public Library and All Saints Church, Church StreetMore Info →

The building on the left was constructed as the Colonial Bank in c1892. It was used as a Public Library 1900-1905 before being converted into the administration building of the Palmerston North Borough Council. All Saints was the second on the site, and served as the Anglican church in Palmerston North 1881-1914, when it was replaced with the present building. The postcard was sent by a visitor to Palmerston North, to Miss Davidson in Auckland in 1906.

Identification

Object type
Postcard
Digitisation ID
2010N_C43_3303
Title
Palmerston North Public Library and All Saints Church, Church Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection C 43
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Palmerston North Public Library and All Saints Church, Church Street
Municipal Offices, The Square
Palmerston North Borough Council Chambers plaque
Abattoir steam engine and generator
Palmerston North Borough Councillors and officers, Council Chambers
Palmerston North Borough Council offices, Main Street
Municipal buildings, The Square
Municipal Buildings, The Square
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
circa 1905

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North Libraries and Community Services

Taxonomy

Report a problem

Related items

Palmerston North Public Library and All Saints Church, Church Street
Municipal Offices, The Square
Palmerston North Borough Council Chambers plaque
Abattoir steam engine and generator
Palmerston North Borough Councillors and officers, Council Chambers
Palmerston North Borough Council offices, Main Street
Municipal buildings, The Square
Municipal Buildings, The Square
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street

User comments