Skip to Content

More Info →Municipal Opera House, Church Street

The Municipal Opera House of Palmerston North, designed by F J Wilson and built by J Trevor and Sons, was erected in 1904-1905 and opened 12 July 1905. In 1952 it was condemned unsafe by the Palmerston North City Council and was strengthened and remodelled both inside and out in 1955. It was sold by the PNCC to a businessman in 1996 and demolished.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009N_Bm50_BUI_2659
Title
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bm 50
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Opera House and St Andrews Church, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Opera House, Church Street
Opera House and St Andrews Church, Church Street
Regent Theatre under Construction

Creation

Created By
Place
Church Street, Palmerston North
Date
1950

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Opera House and St Andrews Church, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Opera House, Church Street
Opera House and St Andrews Church, Church Street
Regent Theatre under Construction

User comments