Skip to Content

More Info →Former Returned Servicemens Club, corner of George Street and Cuba Street

The clubrooms were built by the Patriotic Society in 1917 for use as a social club for returned servicemen. In 1918 it was named the "Soldiers Club". By 1929 the ground floor had been remodeled for shops, while the second floor remained the RSA Club rooms until 1966 when they moved to Broadway. This photograph shows what was originally the upstairs balcony. Early on it was glassed in .

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009P_Bc237_BUI_2562
Title
Former Returned Servicemens Club, corner of George Street and Cuba Street
Relation
PNCC Series 7/8/5
Held In
Coolstore
License
cc-by-nc

Related items

Highden Manor Estate, Awahuri
349 College Street
349 College Street
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Council Chamber, The Square
Post Office Hotel, Foxton
PDC department store, The Square
Staff outside Pink and Collison, Motor Cycle Agents, Cuba Street
Butter factory, Bunnythorpe Dairy Co Ltd
Bank of New South Wales, Rangitikei Street
259 Albert Street, Palmerston North
Trucks of the Palmerston North City Council

Creation

Created By
Place
Corner of Cuba and George Street, Palmerston North
Date
1982

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Highden Manor Estate, Awahuri
349 College Street
349 College Street
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Council Chamber, The Square
Post Office Hotel, Foxton
PDC department store, The Square
Staff outside Pink and Collison, Motor Cycle Agents, Cuba Street
Butter factory, Bunnythorpe Dairy Co Ltd
Bank of New South Wales, Rangitikei Street
259 Albert Street, Palmerston North
Trucks of the Palmerston North City Council

User comments