The Te Peeti Te Awe Awe Statue, designed by Harold Anderson was commissioned in 1905 by Te Peeti's younger sister, Ereni Te Awe Awe (Mrs Kerei Te Panau). It was made of white Carrara marble and was unveiled 29 January 1907 by Hon. James Carroll, Native Minister. For more information about the event, see Manawatu Standard, Volume XLI, Issue 8195, 29 January 1907, Page 5 (available online at www.paperspast.natlib.govt.nz) This postcard was sent by Caroline Victoria Mitchell (Tottie) of 23 Campbell Street, Palmerston North. The postcard reads, "Dear Love. This is a photo of the unveiling of the Maori Monument in Memory of Te Peeti Te Awe Awe erected in the centre of the Square by Victoria House. With love from all, from (?)"
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Unveiling of Te Peeti Statue, The Square
- Held In