Skip to Content

The Municipal Opera House of Palmerston North, designed by F J Wilson and built by J Trevor and Sons, was erected in 1904-1905 and opened 12 July 1905. In 1952 it was condemned unsafe by the Palmerston North City Council and was strengthened and remodelled both inside and out in 1955. It was sold by the PNCC to a businessman in 1996 and demolished.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014P_Bm113_009648
Title
Municipal Opera House
Format
B&W print
Held In
Coolstore
Relation
Public Collection Bm 113
Date
circa 1913

Related items

Palmerston North from G.P.O. Tower
36 Views of New Zealand Scenery
Palmerston North Opera House
Evening Standard Offices, Main Street East
Church Street, 1977
"Premature Unloading" Loose Load Drops onto Road
"One Large Horse Going Up"
"To Levin and Back" Open Road Cyclists
"Children’s Christmas Party At Police Station"
"Remedy for Traffic Hazard" - Albert and Church Street Roundabout
"Cluster Houses" on Church Street
"Cluster Houses" on Church Street - Kitchen

Creation

Created By

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
church street,
opera house,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Palmerston North from G.P.O. Tower
36 Views of New Zealand Scenery
Palmerston North Opera House
Evening Standard Offices, Main Street East
Church Street, 1977
"Premature Unloading" Loose Load Drops onto Road
"One Large Horse Going Up"
"To Levin and Back" Open Road Cyclists
"Children’s Christmas Party At Police Station"
"Remedy for Traffic Hazard" - Albert and Church Street Roundabout
"Cluster Houses" on Church Street
"Cluster Houses" on Church Street - Kitchen