In 1886 the Government gifted 9.5 acres of land in Cuba Street to the Manawatu and West Coast Agricultural and Pastoral Association, and the first A&P show was held in that year. In 1973 the Grounds were transferred to the Palmerston North City Council and since then have been administered by a Trust. The photograph encompasses the block surrounded by Cuba (at bottom), Pascal (on left), Featherston(top) and Waldegrave Streets (right).
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Aerial photograph of Palmerston North Showgrounds
- Held In