Skip to Content

More Info →The Square South West, 1902

To the left of the Band Rotunda is the original All Saints Church. It was replaced with the current brick structure in 1914-1915. On the corner of Church Street and The Square is the Provincial Hotel. It burned down 3 January 1906 and was replaced by the Grand Hotel, which still stands in The Square today [2017]. The fact that the three-storey Coles Building has not replaced the two storey wooden building on the far right suggests that the photograph was taken around 1902.

Identification

Object type
Postcard
Digitisation ID
2016P_Postcard12_013200
Title
The Square South West, 1902
Format
Paper
Held In
Coolstore
Archive
Postcard Collection

Related items

The Square South West, 1902
The Square, South West
Train in the Square
View of The Square from Hopwood Clock Tower - Main Street West
Railway Station, Palmerston North
Hand-tinted Postcard of Victoria Esplanade Gardens
The Punt, Manawatu River Near Palmerston North
The Square, Palmerston North
The Square with Post Office and Te Awe Awe Statue
Visit of the Imperial Troops to Palmerston North
Visit of the Imperial Troops to Palmerston North
Walking in Turitea Stream

Creation

Created By
Date
1902

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

The Square South West, 1902
The Square, South West
Train in the Square
View of The Square from Hopwood Clock Tower - Main Street West
Railway Station, Palmerston North
Hand-tinted Postcard of Victoria Esplanade Gardens
The Punt, Manawatu River Near Palmerston North
The Square, Palmerston North
The Square with Post Office and Te Awe Awe Statue
Visit of the Imperial Troops to Palmerston North
Visit of the Imperial Troops to Palmerston North
Walking in Turitea Stream

User comments