This bank was constructed in 1910 – 1911, as the “Bank of Australasia”, after a smaller wooden building on the site burnt down in 1910. It later became the “The Union Bank of Australia”, then the ANZ bank. In 1981 the ANZ moved and Coombe, Hughes and Company, Chartered accountants, converted the building to accommodate retail shops. The building is listed in category 4 of the New Zealand Historic Places Trust register, due to its architectural significance.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Union Bank of Australia, corner of Coleman Place and The Square
- Held In