Skip to Content

"The Bon Marche" store situated on The Square around from Coleman Place was established in 1882. It was bought by C M Ross and C Sandford who sold a range of clothing, drapery, manchester and furnishings, c1883. In 1896 "The Bon Marche" was owned by C M Ross and Co. The business expanded and in 1927 this and other buildings were demolished to make way for a large 4 storey building for C M Ross Ltd (Roscos).

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007N_Bc242_BUI_0185
Title
Bon Marche Store, The Square
Held In
Coolstore
Date
1893 to 1896

Related items

Construction of C M Ross department store, The Square
C M Ross Co. Ltd, corner of George Street and Coleman Mall
C M Ross & Co, Drapery Importers
Display window at C M Ross Co. Ltd
Hat department of C M Ross co. Ltd
Milne and Choyce window display
Milne and Choyce window display
C M Ross Company Ltd cosmetic department
Miss Haycock cutting the cake at her celebration to mark 50 years service for C M Ross Co. Ltd
Milne and Choyce Showroom staff
Children modelling for C M Ross Co. Ltd
Darrell Coley modelling for C M Ross Co. Ltd

Creation

Created By
Place
The Square, Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
c m ross building,
commercial,
millinery,
retail,
thematic collections,
transport,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Construction of C M Ross department store, The Square
C M Ross Co. Ltd, corner of George Street and Coleman Mall
C M Ross & Co, Drapery Importers
Display window at C M Ross Co. Ltd
Hat department of C M Ross co. Ltd
Milne and Choyce window display
Milne and Choyce window display
C M Ross Company Ltd cosmetic department
Miss Haycock cutting the cake at her celebration to mark 50 years service for C M Ross Co. Ltd
Milne and Choyce Showroom staff
Children modelling for C M Ross Co. Ltd
Darrell Coley modelling for C M Ross Co. Ltd