The house was designed by L G West for Wilberforce Alfred George in 1910. W A George was a clothier on The Square, Palmerston North, carrying on the business established by his father D M George in 1883. At some later stage the house was sold and converted into flats. The PNCC acquired the property to allow for a new entrance into Palmerston North Intermediate Normal, from Linton Street. The house was sold for removal in 2010, to Central House Movers Ltd, Matipo Street Palmerston North.