The Grand Hotel was designed by J G Maddison in the Second Empire style, and constucted in 1906 by Trevor and Sons. It replaced the Provincial Hotel which burned down in the same year. As an hotel it hosted many important vistors, including two Royal visits. In 1985 the hotel was converted into commercial offices and retail space.Photographs taken for Historic Pubs of Palmerston North walk, Local History Week 2010. Tour guides Bryan Ibell and Cindy Lilburn.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
- Held In
- IMCA Digital Archive