This brass friendship bracelet is a model of a friendship ring, and created as a symbol of Polish - New Zealand friendship. The inside of the bracelet is inscribed, "To everlasting friendship New Zealand 1941". It also has a silver metal plaque inside inscribed, "Wykonal Hajdukiewicz Wlad 2. Komp. Warszt. E. M. Italia 1945". It was gifted to New Zealand by Polish soldiers at the end of World War Two. Gifts were made by Polish soldiers to give to New Zealand as an expression of their heartfelt gratitude for New Zealand's treatment of the Polish children refugees and appreciation of the great friendship shown to the soldiers through the sending of correspondence and parcels, during the war. This item is held by Te Manawa, Palmertson North.