This paper weight shows a Polish eagle sitting on a globe, looking towards New Zealand. It is made of wood, aluminium and steel. On the base is written, "For our New Zealand friends with greetings from 2nd Polish Carp. Rifle Bn". On the shield is a Jerusalem Cross with the word "Latrun" on it. Latrun was the first location of the Polish independent Carpathian Brigade in Palestine, in 1940. This is one of the gifts made by Polish soldiers to give to New Zealand as an expression of their heartfelt gratitude for New Zealand's treatment of the Polish children refugees and appreciation of the great friendship shown to the soldiers through the sending of correspondence and parcels, during World War Two. This item is held by Te Manawa, Palmertson North.